Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, April 11, 2010

talk about tough

Talk about a tough weekend. Our advertising competition is just days away. Last week (Thursday) we went to a friends how to shoot the commercial. In the midst of it all, I jumped into the air. Mind you it was pretty cold out and I did not have a jacket on. Anyway I jumped up and my ring flew off and into the neighbors yard. Yep that's right. We started searching for it at 6:30. Got a metal detector and continued to look until 10. Seriously I lost all hope. Friday, DeAnna, Brad and I were out there at 6:30am to start searching. Around 10 Brad, Rick and I went to Lowe's and tried to get a lawn vac. Didn't work. So we started using the neighbors shop vac. Yeah we were vaccuuming the lawn. Around 12 more people showed up to help. About 1:30 we gave up. It wasn't there. I mean we tore that yard apart. Called the police and filed a report just incase someone found it and took it to the pawn shops. It was tough. Tough. Tough. Tough.
It was about 8:30pm Friday night when I got a phone call. It was Sadie (it was her house that we were using). The neighbor pulled all the weeds on the other side of the lawn and FOUND MY RING!!!!!! It is now glued to my finger. No lie. Amazing amazing night. After giving up they found it! So happy.

I have been on duty all weekend and so happy. It is tough though because I wont see Jordan for a month and a half. I miss him soooo much. He is the most amazing man in my life. I am so thankful for him. When I told him that I had lost the ring he just laughed and said not to worry. "It is just a material thing," he said. It was so great that he was so understanding, but I still felt so bad. It was so amazing to call him and tell him the good news. He was pretty happy.

34 more days. Freedom is just around the corner my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment