Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, April 22, 2010

as time goes by...

It always seems that time takes forever to pass or passes to quickly. As the days dwindle down until my wedding, I have noticed that I am being challenged. Challenged to be patient and instead of trying to rush time by, to just enjoy it. Difficult would be an understatement. I find myself at the end of the day regretting how impatient I was with people, school or even myself. I get so aggravated so easily and I never used to be like that. I blame it on my road rage, but that has just increased because people in San Angelo can't drive. That is another story for another day.

Road rage is not it at all. It is me. How can I fix this? I am learning to take a step back and reevaluate the situation. I am trying to assess the situation before reacting. I hate regretting actions that I have made. That is why I try so hard to think before acting and sometimes talking. I need patience. I can't get mad just because I am the one that hits the red light. I can't get mad because I feel like my professor just likes to hear himself talk when in reality I should be listening because it could be important. I can't get mad because some one is walking soooo slow in front of me. I just can't. I shouldn't.

I used to have a lot of patience. I feel that the closer it gets to my wedding the more I lose them. Patience that is. I am so excited and just so ready to be married and be with my husband. My best friend. The one that makes the worst day awesome because he knows just how to make me smile or just how to hold me.

On a daily basis someone asks me..."are you ready to get married?" HELLO!!!! Heck yeah I am!! every time they ask it takes up my thought process. For the rest of the day that is all I can think about. Then I notice my patience slowly decrease for that day. The closer it gets the more anxious I get. I just want it to be here already!! See losing patience.

So patience, I ask you to please return. I took you for granted and have seen the light. Time seems to pass with more ease when you have patience. Patience truly is a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment